Frequently Asked Questions.
Here are some common questions about Honeywell products.
What is an Evaporative Air Cooler?
Honeywell Evaporative Air Coolers are an environmentally-friendly and cost-friendly cooling option for your home or office. Much like a breeze flowing across a lake or the refreshing cool air you feel near a waterfall, air coolers produce a comfortable, cool breeze with the natural process of water evaporation.
How do Air Coolers Work?
Why does evaporation cause lower temperature?
The temperature of dry air can drop significantly when liquid water transforms to water vapor (through evaporation).The process of evaporation happens all the time. Our bodies, for example, perspire in hot weather through evaporation – the sweat dries and drops our body temperature.
How is an air cooler different from a standard fan?
Normal fans use fan blades to circulate air around the room without offering any cooling. Air coolers use the natural process of water evaporation to cool incoming hot air and use a powerful fan to evenly distribute newly cooled air. The temperature of dry air can drop significantly when liquid water transforms to water vapor (through evaporation).
How is an air cooler different from a mist fan?
Mist fans are mainly for outdoor use, unless you want your fan to give you a surprise shower in your living room. It also has to be very hot and very dry for the water to evaporate completely without making a puddle on the ground around the mist fan base. Mist fans also need a constant water connection. There’s no tank, so you can only use them if you have a water connection nearby where you intend to use the fan.
How is an air cooler different from an air conditioner?
Air conditioners require a chemical refrigerant and an energy-consuming compressor to transform hot air into cool air. The hot air must be released outside the room, making them less environmentally friendly. The more complex composition of air conditioners also make them more expensive to purchase and they consume significantly more electricity during use.
What is Honeycomb cooling media and how does it help in cooling the air?
Do Air Coolers require a lot of electricity to run?
Are Air Coolers effective in humid environments?
How can I improve the performance of my Air Cooler?
- Ensure adequate cross ventilation
- Evaporative Air Coolers should not be used in enclosed spaces. Doors and windows should be opened to allow free air flow. An Air Cooler works best when placed near an open window, drawing outside air and circulating it in the room before exiting via a window or door. The maximum cooling effect is felt when a person is near the flow of air coming out of the Air Cooler.
- Check the humidity of your room
- Evaporative Air Coolers are more effective in environments with maximum relative humidity of 60% or less. If you live in a humid location, air coolers can still be a welcomed, energy saving cooling mechanism for your home by scheduling the air cooler to switch on at specific, drier times during the day. For example, during the hottest hours of the afternoon. Honeywell Air Coolers can also be paired with your air conditioner to extend air conditioner cooling so you can save energy by switching off the air conditioner and extending the cooling effect by switching on a Honeywell Air Cooler
How do I choose the right Air Cooler for my space?
- Spot coolers are more compact air coolers that are designed to cool the immediate area around the cooler.
- Room coolers are larger in size and provide more powerful air flow ideal for cooling larger spaces such as living or dining rooms.
- Outdoor coolers are UV & weather resistant with large water tanks and ultra-powerful airflow, making them ideal for cooling outdoor areas such as your patio or backyard.